Monday, September 7, 2009

Just Keep Writing, Just Keep Writing*



No ,I haven't disappeared, but I am in the final push to finishing the first draft of this chapter. That kind of writing leaves me a bit too wrung out for blogging.

After I send the draft off, and take a brief break from all things academic, I'm moving on to the fun phase of the dissertation...



...PIRATES!

If you haven't seen last week's New Yorker yet, it has a review of a new book on the economics of piracy. That, J.F. Cooper's The Rover, and Marcus Rediker's Between the Devil and The Deep Blue Sea will constitute the next series of posts in the not-so-distant future.

Before that, I still have 10-15 pages of writing to go. Sigh. Back to Delany and Douglass' maritime narratives.


*Apologies to both Pixar and Spencer Keralis